Looking for a few skin care tips that can yield fast results? Maintaining a youthful look may seem impossible, but if you start early enough or get into a daily habit with your daily beauty routine, you can help your skin keep a young appearance.
As you age your skin begins to lose elasticity. It starts to look saggy and wrinkles can develop as your skin tone starts to diminish. Dryness can also set in at this time. But now worries … Here are the top ten skin care recommendations to help you look younger, fast:
1. Eat Healthier. It goes without saying that healthy skin begins on the inside. Be sure to eat less fatty foods and more fresh vegetables.
2. Drink Plenty of Water. If you do nothing else for a skin care regimen, you must get plenty of fluids. You’ll notice that other areas of your body start getting dry patches, not just your face. Help counteract this with plenty of water.
Cleanse & Moisturize!
3. Choose the Right Cleanser. For daily cleansing you should choose a cleanser that is moisture rich and doesn’t contain alcohol. You’ll also want to pat your skin dry or let it air dry. You can even apply moisturizer while it’s still damp to get an extra boost of moisture sealed in.
4. Use A Moisturizer Daily. Your skin may not feel all that dry, but as you age you lose a lot more moisture and you should replace it daily. Your oil glands have probably slowed down their production of natural oils, so you’ll need to compensate for that as well.
Moisturizers that contain vitamin E, natural oils or sweet almond oil are very good for the skin. You may even want to spend a little extra money and try some of the more expensive products. The results can be well worth the price.
5. Treat Yourself to Facials. Performing a daily facial massage will also do wonders for your skin. It will help keep the blood flowing and gives a nice glow to your skin. Use light finger taps all over your face and also gently massage in a circular pattern. Be sure to use upward strokes to help “lift” the skin. This will improve circulation and it just feels nice.
The following video offers some really cool “banana mask” recipes . . .
Choose Make-Up Wisely
It’s not always true that a higher price means better quality, but when it comes to skin care, it is often the case. Since you should use less make-up as you age, to avoid a cakey appearance, the price difference may not be a big problem.
You’ll also want to learn some new techniques. Applying make-up to young skin is usually quick and simple, but as you age, you’ll want to try applying in different directions, using less, or other techniques designed to help hide wrinkles and flaws.
6. Be Extra Gentle When Applying Make-up. You never want to rub your skin harshly. A nice invigorating finger-tap on your face is fine, but when applying makeup, choose products that glide over your skin.
7. Try Some Shimmering Tones. These may not always look right, but you can play around with shimmers to add a bit of glow to your skin.
8. Choose A Base Tone … that is slightly lighter than you normally wear. You can add depth and highlights with shimmers and bronzers.
9. Experiment with creams instead of powders. Makeup manufacturers have improved on cream foundation for aging skin, but some can still be thicker than you need. Use foundation that is specific for mature women. It may be a bit more expensive, but if you use less, the cost will even out and it may improve your skin tone as a bonus.
10. Choose the Right Lip Color. As you age, it may seem like your lips disappear. You can wear natural tones. You can also experiment with lip liner, but it should not be any darker than the lipstick color. For best results it needs to blend naturally.
It may take a little more work to keep your skin young looking and supple. However, having glowing skin that radiates across the room will make it worth the effort.